Call us at 319-273-2676, or visit us at the Student Health Center from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
UNI Counseling Services has partnered with TELUS Health Student Support to offer this confidential service. Students can access services through any of the following pathways:
- Call 1-877-258-7429
- Create a TELUS Health Student Support profile
- Download the TELUS Health Student Support app for android
- Download the TELUS Health Student Support app for IOS
- Creating a TELUS Health Student Support Profile
- Under “Search for your School” look for the University of Northern Iowa.
- Create your account
- You’ll be asked to fill in your name, preferred language and basic informed consent for this service.
- View resources and schedule an appointment
- Your home screen will offer Open Call and Chat, scheduling functions for a telehealth appointment, mental health articles and mental health screening tools.
- Connect with emotional health and well-being support, when you need it
- UNI Counseling Center Open Call and Open Chat offers simple access to connect with emotional health and well-being support that are confidential and free of charge for UNI students.
UNI Counseling Center
103 Student Health Center
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0385
Deaf or HOH, use Relay 711
Crisis line 319-273-2676, press 2 to speak to a crisis counselor (24/7)
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
The Counseling Center is open when classes are not in session, but closed on all university holidays unless otherwise stated.
The Counseling Center is located in the Student Health Center, which is on the 1600 block of 23rd St, between Lawther Hall, Schindler Education Center and the Marshall School, on UNI's campus in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
The entrance is on the east side of the building (facing Lawther Hall).