Welcome to the UNI Counseling Center
The University of Northern Iowa Counseling services includes 24/7/365 Open Call and Open Chat and telehealth individual sessions for the University of Northern Iowa students anywhere in the world, at any time of day or night. To learn more, visit Where to Start and Open Call and Open Chat. These services will enhance the mental health care which is offered by the UNI Counseling and Psychiatric providers available in the Student Health Center.
After Hours Crisis/Emergency
- In case of immediate danger, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital emergency room.
- For urgent situations outside of office hours, call the Counseling Center at 319-273-2676 and press 2 to speak to a crisis counselor.
- Download the TELUS Health Student Support app for android then search for the University of Northern Iowa
- Download the TELUS Health Student Support app for IOS then search for the University of Northern Iowa
- Statewide Crisis Line 1-800-332-4224
- 988 Suicide & Crisis Line: Call OR Text 988
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741
- Your Life Iowa Text Line: Text TALK to 855-895-8398
UNI Counseling Center
103 Student Health Center
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0385
Deaf or HOH, use Relay 711
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
The Counseling Center is open when classes are in session, but closed on all university holidays unless otherwise stated.
The Counseling Center is located in the Student Health Center, which is on the 1600 block of 23rd St., between Lawther Hall, Schindler Education Center and the Marshall School, on UNI's campus in Cedar Falls, Iowa.
The entrance is on the east side of the building (facing Lawther Hall).